The role of a managing agent is a complex one and one that requires a professional approach. To carry out the role requires knowledge of Landlord and Tenant law, building construction, Health and Safety regulations, basic accounting and much much more. Oakfield can offer all of this as our standard service.
The infrastructure we have in place is second to none, meaning we can offer our clients outstanding customer service every time. Oakfield are very aware that no two blocks are the same and as such tailor our services to accommodate this. We understand that some Clients like to be involved in the day to day running of the property whilst others like to leave it to the Managing Agents, as such our Clients can be as hands on or hands off as they wish. Even for those who still wish to be very hands on with the running of the property Oakfield take away the day to day pressures associated with Block and Estate Management to allow the Directors to enjoy living in their property without having to deal with every matter that may arise.
When appointing Oakfield as your manging agents you can expect the following services:
- Collection of service charges, reserve fund contributions and ground rents – These are collected from the owners into the Management Company’s bank account. We recover any monies owed to the block at NO COST to the Management Company.
- Preparation of the service charge budgets – We prepare budgets for each service charge year in conjunction with the Directors of the Management Company. We will look at the previous year’s expenditure and propose what expenditure we need to budget for in the forthcoming year.
- Payment of approved invoices to contractors and utilities – We will pay all invoices received from contractors for works undertaken as well as deal with all communal utilities.
- Proactive credit control – Any Leaseholders failing to pay their ground rent or service charges will be sent a series of 3 letters over a 30-day period, if payment has not been received following this then the account will be passed onto debt collection solicitors.
- Preparation and submission of annual accounts – As part of our service we prepare the paperwork required for the company return and annual accounts to be filed.
- Full analysis of income and expenditure – We will closely monitor the income and expenditure during the financial year to ensure that the expenditure stays on budget and that any over expenditure is identified at the earliest opportunity.
- Full management service – Attend to all matters arising and general up keep of the Block/Estate. Ensure the Block/Estate meets current and forthcoming regulations and legislation of which non-compliance can incur costly fines.
- 24hr maintenance service – A properly planned maintenance programme, can avoid costly and inconvenient emergency maintenance.
- Dedicated team for your property – Once you appoint Oakfield to manage your Block/Estate you will be appointed a Property Manager whom will be your main point of contact.
- Scheduled property inspections – Your Property Manager will visit every 3 months to carry out a full inspection of the Block/Estate and report back any findings.
- Organise insurances – We will deal with all insurance matters on your behalf